Thursday, January 22, 2015

{Bibliophilia} Pinocchio: Jim Dine

I've been diving into my art books a lot lately - rediscovering favorite artists to introduce to my drawing class. It's safe to say that I'm a bibliophile through and through. I haven't traveled to Europe yet (a dream of mine) but I do own tons of books. Jim Dine is one of my favorite artists. He's so versatile and I really appreciate his drawing style. When I found his Pinocchio book, I was so excited. It matches my love of puppets and drawing all in one beautiful book. 


I was preparing for class today and thought it would be nice to photograph a few of my favorite drawings from the book to share.  




I also found this great interview with Jim at the Tate. The exhibit looks fantastic! I wish I could've seen this in person- oh those hanging books!


I'm showing this work in class tonight and thought I'd share it with you too. Do you have a favorite artist? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails