Wednesday, January 28, 2015

{Glimpses} Vintage Finds

I started visiting thrift shops and antique stores for studio inspiration back in college. I was an art major in a very small town before cruising the world wide web for imagery was even an option. Seeking out vintage typography, colors, textures, and patterns is still one of my favorite things to do. Old packaging and mid century treasures fill my studio shelves for constant reminders of things that once caught my eye and often serves as a way to stir my imagination. Here are my glimpses this week.



Glimpse 1:  Color combinations of yellow, red, and turquoise seems to be a constant favorite of mine. Pair it with cool packaging and unique typography and the chances of those items coming home to my studio is pretty great.



Glimpse 2:  Oh boy do I love all shades of green and mid century textiles and cups!


Glimpse 3: Yellow, mustard, orange, and tomato is another fun, "go to" nostalgic color combination. Vintage fisher price toys, Vera textiles, random buttons, and vintage books are things that I tend to always gravitate towards. 


Glimpse 4: I love the packaging for old games - they often include really fun illustrations. These faces make me smile. 


Glimpse 5:  When I first discovered King Penguin books, I went completely bonkers. Not only are they interesting, but the patterns are always so lovely. Unfortunately they are really hard to find here in the US - particularly the northwest. They are rare gems. 


Is there a particular item you seek out at a thrift or antique shop?

2 comments:

  1. so much vintage inspiration! i love all shades of green too : ) and i especially love those beautiful king penguin books. thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Evie! Yeah, I wish I could find more King Penguins - but I love the ones I found. :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails